Mobile Friendly Site Test SERP Tool
Download the completely free desktop app for Windows and Mac OSX!
Free Mobile Site Testing Against Live Google SERPs!
RankTank Mobile SERP Tester is a completely free desktop app built from the framework of our original RankTank SERPitude rich snippet testing tool, allowing you to examine SERP appearance and results in detail.
Is My Website Mobile Friendly?
Who better to ask than Google themselves? Check your rich snippet indexation and content LIVE in Google, see which results have image thumbnails, check for title and description issues, and see what things look like at any given moment. Best of all, you can export all of this data and open it up in your favorite spreadsheet application.
Oh, and it’s 100% free forever!
- Get Mobile SERPs by domain, keyword, advanced search query, or any combination of those!
- For each search result, RankTank Mobile SERP Tester pulls out Result Number, Type, Mobile Friendly, Title, URL, Rich Snippet Content, Date, Indexed Description, Star Count, Number of Ratings, Image Thumbnail Existence, Truncated Title, and Truncated Description. Heck yes!
- Handles huge sites with 100’s of indexed pages… just keep clicking the “Add next 100 results” button!
- SERP Overview panel has graphs to show Rich Snippet Indexation and Mobile-friendly Indexation percentages.
- SERP preview panel shows the SERP item exactly as it appears on Mobile Google!
- You can search within the results from right within the app
- Oh yeah, you can EXPORT EVERYTHING into a tab delimited spreadsheet, which opens right up in Excel or Open Office!
Why am I giving this away for free? Meh, I made it for stuff I was working on, and I really love it. I hope you find it as useful as I do!
How to Use This Thing
It’s pretty simple. You can search by Domain and/or Query (including advanced Google queries). Let’s break it down real quick with screenshots.
1. Open the app, and enter your search queries
When you first open the app, you’ll see that I’ve set the domain to foodnetwork.com and the query as blank so you can see how it works.
Let’s go ahead an hit Run the query and see how this thing works. You’ll also note that you can change the Google country version as well.
2. Add the next 100 results until you’ve got ’em allYou’ll notice that when we hit Run the query, we load up to the first 100 results. Need more than that? Hit Add next 100 results to append the next 100 results to the list. You can keep doing this until you’ve got everything that Google’s gonna give!
You can tell you’re out of results when the text of the Add next 100 results button changes to All indexed results found.
3. Analyze the data!
You can now do a lot of cool stuff within the app to analyze the mobile SERP data.
For example, you can sort the columns by clicking on the column headers. Try clicking on the Mobile Friendly column header to see all of the pages Google is or is not indexing as Mobile Friendly! Then, use the preview panel on the left to figure out why.
The bottom-left box has a number of things you can do. You can even search within the results by Title, URL or Domain! Simply click Search in Results.
4. Export the data!If you’ve taken a look at the rest of the site, I’m an Excel and Google Doc nerd at heart. Use the Export Data button to export everything into a tab-delimited spreadsheet which can be opened in Excel or Open Office!
Look how nicely it plays with Excel 🙂
What about CAPTCHAs?
We’ve got CAPTCHAs covered.
If Google throws up a captcha, we pop the CAPTCHA up in a native HTML browser window enclosed in the app. That way it’s seamless, and Google knows you’re a real live person.