Free SEO tool to monitor SEO website changes!
Mert created a free SEO tool in a Google sheet to monitor and get email alerts important SEO changes on pages of your or client’s websites like Title, H1, Description, Canonical and also robots.txt. He named it SEOcheck.
What is SEOcheck?
SEOcheck will be checking 20 most important pages of websites for every 15 minutes and robots.txt for every 30 minutes so you will be able to catch up the important changes nearly as it happens.
Because of the limits of Google App Script, he limited it to 20 URLs. Also most of the websites get mostly all of their traffic from first few pages of them.
Get this SEO tool for free!
Click the "Free Download" button below...
Instantly receive a link to access this free SEO tool.
Send download link to:
Donate Bitcoin to support RankTank
Scan the QR code or copy the address below into your wallet to send some Bitcoin to keep RankTank free forever!
How to use SEOcheck?
Head to the configuration page of the tool. On this stage, you need to fill the fields like Name of Website (It will be used on emails you get, You can name your websites anything you want.) Website will be used for checking robots.txt so you need to put correct URL with “/” end of it. Alerts Emails are the email addresses will be notified if there is an important change. Finally, you can paste Top 20 URLs of your website to monitoring. These URLs will be monitoring for changes. (You can just export the important URLs from Google Search Console, Google Analytics or put the pages important for you.)
After that you will see the custom menu to start your tool to work:
Click to Configure and to start monitoring Titles, Descriptions, H1s and Canonicals for 20 URLs and robots.txt of the website. After you need to give access* the Google App Script code to execute, SEOcheck will be ready.
If you have any important changes on your pages in the URL list or Robots.txt you will get Email alert.
What’s new in SEOcheck v1.1?
There was a 2 important bugs, one of them was about giving 404 errors when website was not reachable by the tool and the second was failing executions because of the Google App Script limits.
1. If script couldn’t reach the website, tool was giving 404s for pages. It was annoying for the websites with huge traffic because sometimes they could be not reachable for a little time and you can get 404 alerts so many in a day. Now If tool can’t reach website, It sets a trigger to re-check after 10 minutes.
2. Because of limitations of Google App Script, and if you use the tool for so many websites you can reach the limits of Google. That is why I updated checking times for URL’s from 15 minutes to 30 minutes and for Robots.txt from 30 minutes to 1 hour.
3. I realized if you click Configure more than 1 times, script creates new triggers, so it could also cause to use Google sources more. Now every time you click to Configure it starts over.
1. I updated the custom menu. You can now Stop and Check whenever you want. Also when you click “Check Now!” you get little popups about the results.
1. This tool needs to be updated to function correctly on all systems.
[…] do with SEO can be found in this toolkit. In addition to the ones above, they have free tools for getting email alerts about important SEO changes, checking keyword search volume, and conducting a basic SEO site audit. If the pro membership of […]
How to disable this Email Notification???
Same to me:
“How to disable this Email Notification??? I am no longer working on project foe which I have configured tool & am not able to find out that google sheet too.”
Is there a change to get out of all Email Notifications”?
How to disable this Email Notification??? I am no longer working on project foe which I have configured tool & am not able to find out that google sheet too.